Thursday, February 26, 2009

brief run down of the last week...

If we can be brief, ha ha, here we go!

The audition last Saturday was a great kick. I don't think anything will come of it unless they are looking for demonstrations of mirror licking. "STOP LICKING THE MIRROR! LEAVE THE MIRROR ALONE, PLEASE!" (The auditions are for commercials, and marketing stuff, like IKEA's catalog.)

Sunday Lily and Marek were invited to give a talk and prayer next week. Good thing the talker, Marek, was asked to talk.

Monday, I called about getting Dallas tested for a different school program. Tuesday we went. He was nervous thinking he wouldn't do well and complaining that he doesn't know everything. He ran out so happy. He said, "It was so easy! I think I got all of them right!" I am sure he probably did. Then I was able to spend time in his class to help his teacher. Tuesday we also processed our taxes and closed our refinancing on our house.

Wednesday was a long day. After the usual morning at Waterford and getting the boys to school, I collected Steve's autograph for the taxes. Then I was crazy brave and went to the bank. We needed to get a certified check for the refi loan. I drove to the window. They would like people to go inside for that particular service. I said, "Really? Really? Ooookay!" I found a parking spot and unloaded the four. We made a nice entrance and behaved rather well inside. I could have had Steve do the job on his lunch break on on his way home, but where's the fun in that? From there we delivered the check to the title company. All of us went inside again, successfully! But, it was not to last. Lily thought she needed to play chase in the parking lot, winning herself and the boys a stay in the seat belts when I went to deliver the signatures for our taxes. Too bad. My aunt does our taxes. That would have been the best place to get out. Oh well. I was able to get back in time to get Dallas and our carpool. Hooray for me!

Good thing I was crazy brave. Steve worked late, helped a friend tow his truck to a fix it place, got home in time to help clean up the glass and leave for the weekly youth activity. His dinner was around 9:00PM.

If you ever wanted to do an experiment on how far Pyrex glass mixing bowl will spread when broken I can tell you it fills a 10x14 foot space easily. Yes, Evan was spanked that night, and no I don't know how it ended up in the front room in his hot little hands. There is no damage to the floor tile and no lasting damage to the boys seat. I was more mad when he tried to charm me when I was mad at him. He knows how to work that smile! Everyone got a bath and into bed close to on time. We haven't been very good at being on time to bed lately.

Today I was able to volunteer for a few hours in Stephen's school. He was V.I.P. this week, which meant more work finding things for him to take each day to show about himself. Today he took some piano books and his teacher asked if he would like to play for the class. He agreed and the class all took a walk to the auditorium and he performed for them, Row, Row, Row your boat and something else that I don't remember. Then they asked him questions. He was so cute and brave. His teacher is completely thrilled at his progress socially. Stephen has also been invited to his first birthday party! It's on Saturday for a girl he walks to school with. She also has Asperger's.

Dallas had a less than desirable experience at school. He was walking to the truck after school with the girl we carpool with. She said, "Hi Ms. Hansen." Ms. Hansen said hi and gave her a chocolate. Dallas sees Ms. Hansen for his advanced reading group. So he, naturally in my opinion, held his hand out waiting for a treat too. She crossed her arms over her chest and told him she doesn't give treats to people who ask for them. How rude! Maybe he shouldn't expect one, but he is in her class and a kindergartner! If a kid brings something to school they are expected to have enough to share with everyone. Shouldn't the same be true for teachers if it's not class time bribery?

Today we got some homework, of mine, worked on and that laundry monster is loosing the battle today. I do wish I would remember to lock the water button on the fridge. Will I ever learn? Lily likes being wet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lyddie,
    I'd be pi$$ed at Dallas' teacher. I think I'd say something. Shouldn't we be teaching our kids to assert themselves and ask for the things that they want/need?
    Sounds like you had a busy week. Hopefully you'll get some "down time" soon! (yeah, and I'm gonna be the president)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dallas' teacher needs a lesson in sharing. If we don't give things to kids who ask, aren't we teaching them to just take what they want?

    ReplyDelete