Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sweet memories

I have been reminded of something I wanted to post when it happened but I didn't get around to it yet.

A while ago when we were all sick we lined the kids up around the tub instead of the toilet to aim their vomit. I know it sounds gross, but it was so much easier and now it's sort of funny. Then a few weeks ago Marek said he didn't feel well. I said, "Oh, okay." Steve asked him if he felt like he was going to barf. Marek gave no response so I thought nothing of it. Some minutes pass and I don't see him anymore, so I start looking for him. I find him up in the bathroom just standing there. I wonder, is he trying to go potty without me? Is he trying to take a bath? What's he doing? I get there and ask him, "Marek, what are you doing?" He leans closer to the tub then looks up at me with these terribly sad puppy eyes, like he has a huge concern. He pouts his lower lip out and says with a little whimper, "My barf's broken."

Apparently Lily didn't remember that you are supposed to go to the tub for those kinds of things, or that I have finals soon. She emerges from her room tonight saying, "Oh no! A mess! A mess!" and she is covered from head to toe in her "dinner". We have gone through all her clean jammies. She chose to wear her Sunday tights with flowers on them and a t- shirt, but now we are moving into regular day clothes. I am grateful that we have a brand new 4 pound box of baking soda that "eliminates odors on contact" and I am very glad we had rice for dinner instead of the spaghetti I was considering! I to wonder though, why didn't I get that plastic cover for her mattress yet, and why did it take me three times to decide that she was sick enough to have her hair up in a pony tail for bed time???

1 comment:

  1. I AM SOOOOO SORRY!
    and i can see the advantages of using the TUB for a Bucket.
    i remember one time i said out load..."Vomit- lots of projectile vomit". i dont remeber which kid. i just remember how much he helped.
    Good Luck on finals sweetie!!!
    and Merry Christmas wishes!

    ReplyDelete