Monday, June 15, 2009

Hot Water!

(Sang to the tune of I wish I were an Oscar Myer Wiener)

Oh, I wish I had hot water in my kitchen!

Oh how happy, joyful I would be.

'Cause if I had hot water in my kitchen

All my many dishes I would clean.

Oh, I wish I had hot water in my bathroom!

Oh, how happy, joyful I would be.

'Cause if I had hot water in my bathroom

I could take that bubble bath I need.

This is the song I was going to leave on the plumber's voice mail today. I have been leaving messages all last week. He came and did some work and we thought it was fixed but it wasn't. Then he went out of town. He is a friend so I haven't been too upset about it. I guess he just got back to town this week.

I thought singing this would help him remember me. Alas! He answered the phone instead! He said he will be coming over today. This is good news, but I was looking forward to my fun.

Steve just rolled his eyes at me this morning when I sang it for him. I said,

"Aren't you going to comment?"

"I chuckled."

"You know I am a verbal person."

"I have to go to work now."

"Are you ignoring me and avoiding the topic?"

He just grinned at me and asked for his keys. "Will I embarrass you if I sing to the plumber?" "No. You can sing the first verse." I got permission to make a fool of myself and then the plumber answers the phone. The nerve!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! You can leave it on my voicemail if that makes you feel better!

    ReplyDelete