Monday, January 3, 2011

Everyone's Invited!

To raise funds for the my brother's fight with cancer we are having a dinner ($10 each) of dutch oven lasagna, veggie, salad and garlic bread with cookies for dessert.

A silent auction including but not limited to:
A one hour helicopter ride for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children, or 3 adults)
two guided hikes in the Wasatch,
one guided back country trek for up to 5 people,
a catered dutch oven dinner for up to 100 people,
quilts, handmade watches, and more.

We will also have a raffle for great prizes donated from Subway and others. Raffle tickets $2.00 with bonus large item raffle ticket after 20 purchased tickets.

Feel free to invite your friends! We really appreciate any help or donations!!! Thank you!

Saturday, February 5 • 5:00pm - 8:00pm
________________________________________
Location: West Valley Fitness Center Upstairs rooms
5415 West 3100 South
________________________________________
Date: February 5, 2011
5:00 – 8:00 PM

Curtis Bryce Howard Cancer Benefit Dinner

Since you were able to make it through that business, I will give you the funny for the week.

"I wish I had a time machine to go back in time before you gave my pizza away!" Stephen said through his sobs.

"But Stephen, you said you didn't want to eat it. You told me I could give it away." I said to him after about 35 minutes of trying to get him to eat. I took the remnants back from Evan and Marek, they were sharing. Sheesh! You'd think I had teenager boys eating me out of house and home already!

"Here you go Stephen."

"But there's no pepperoni on it! I will not move until you put the pepperoni back on my pizza so I can eat it! I asked for pepperoni pizza!" Followed by loud sobs and tears. There's the kicker. He asked for it but wouldn't eat it.

"They ate them though. I can't get them back. You can eat this or not eat it. Don't cry anymore though okay."

"I won't stop crying until I get my pepperoni back! I won't eat this! I don't want it!"

"If you don't want it, give it back to the other boys to eat."

"NO! I'm hungry! But I don't want to eat THIS!"

He ended up eating it without the regurgitated pepperoni and the other kids just sat quietly listening, hoping they might get the pizza but not complaining when they didn't. For heaven's sake, don't ask for something change your mind and not want it anymore then get mad when you don't have it. It makes it too hard for the mom not to laugh when you're crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment